Online Master’s Degrees Offered at Middle Tennessee State University
Middle Tennessee State University appears in our ranking of the Top 10 Most Affordable Accelerated Master’s in Aerospace/Aviation Online.
Middle Tennessee State University offers nine online master’s degrees for individuals who have completed a bachelor’s degree. The goal of these programs is to provide a flexible and convenient learning experience to students who have other obligations and are unable to commute to campus.
- The Master of Criminal Justice (M.C.J.) degree is an excellent choice for individuals interested in pursuing a career in police administration, law enforcement, homeland security, drug rehabilitation, probation, and much more. This degree features an internship program in which students may participate and gain hands-on learning. Most of the internships are conducted at police and sheriff departments, parole and probation facilities, court houses, and state and federal offices. The following are some of the courses that are required for the M.C.J. program: Criminal Justice Administration, Seminar in Law Enforcement, Judicial Seminar, Research in the Criminal Justice Process, Qualitative Research, and more.
- The Master of Professional Studies is a 30-credit program that integrates professions with social sciences. At the end of the program, all students are required to complete a professional project which shows everything that they learned throughout the program. There are four different concentrations that can be chosen, including strategic leadership, human resources leadership, leadership in nutrition, and training and development. The following are the core courses that must be completed for this program: Using Teams to Facilitate Organizational Development, Professional Environment: Issues and Ethics, Research Methods, Statistical Analysis, and more.
- The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) teaches students the necessary skills to become proficient in the field of business. Some of the skills that students will learn are accounting, business analytics, management, finance, professional development, technological skills, and so much more. M.B.A. students also have the opportunity to specialize in two different subjects, which include health care management and music business. The following are a few of the required courses to earn this degree: Survey of Accounting for General Business, Quantitative Methods Survey, Principles of Corporate Finance, Accounting Information for Managers, Leading Organizations, Economic Decisions for Managers, Managerial Finance, Marketing Strategy, and more.
- The Master of Education (M.Ed.) aims to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills to help increase the effectiveness of their teaching as well as the performance of their students. Each individual will learn how to analyze their curriculum, evaluate their teaching techniques, and create a meaningful learning experience for their students. The following courses are some of the necessary courses to graduate from the M.Ed. program: Educational Foundations, School and Community Relations, Analysis and Application of Educational Research, Educational Tests and Measurements, Teacher Leadership for School Improvement, and more.
- The Master of Science (M.S.) in Aeronautical Science is an important degree for individuals interested in gaining an advanced learning experience centered around flying aircraft. During the program, each student will learn about the essential aspects of the aviation field, such as leases and contracts, professional development, training, and managing aviation safety. Students can choose between three different concentrations, which are aviation management, aviation education, and safety and security management. The following courses are required to successfully finish the program: Aviation History, Aviation Safety Management, Aviation Industries, Introduction to Aerospace Research, Applied Statistics in Aerospace Research, and more.
- The Master of Library Science (M.L.S.) is a 36-credit degree that focuses on providing each student with a deep knowledge of books. In addition, students will be equipped with advanced knowledge and skills to effectively answer questions about books, technology, informational problems, and much more. The following courses are mandatory for this program: Librarianship, Collection Development and User Services, Reference Materials and Process, Organization of Information, Understanding Research for Evaluation in Libraries, and more.
- The Master of Science (M.S.) in Management is a great program for individuals who wish to manage a company. Students will be taught the fundamentals of management, such as how to develop leadership, how to allocate resources, how to help others develop skills, and more. The following are several of the courses that must be completed to earn this degree: Principles of Management, Supply Chain Operations, Organization Theory, Managing Key Performance Indicators, Management of Quality, and more.
- The Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) is centered around teaching students how to provide effective health care to underserved communities and populations. The objective of this program is to help solve the shortage of Family Nurse Practitioners across the country by educating students to become highly valued and hardworking nurses. The following are some of the required courses to graduate with a Master of Science in Nursing: Healthcare Policy, Advanced Nursing Research, Advanced Role Development, Scholarly Synthesis, Theoretical Foundations of Evidence-Based Practice, and more.
- The Education Specialist (Ed.S.) degree will benefit individuals who are interested in learning about the aspects that affect teaching and learning, such as different mental processes, cultural diversity, cognitive and educational development, and more. The purpose of this degree is to help the student understand how to improve their teaching methods for different types of learners. The following are a few of the required courses: Seminar in Educational Foundations, Educational Research Methodology, Directed Individual Educational Research, and more.
About Middle Tennessee State University
Middle Tennessee State University is a public university that opened its doors in 1911. It is located in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, which is around 35 miles from the city of Nashville. This university possesses a graduation rate of 44 percent and is considered a large institution with its undergraduate population of 19,251 and a campus spanning across 550 acres of land. According to Niche, the university ranked fifth for top public universities in the state of Tennessee, 51st for best colleges for music in the United States, 114th for best large colleges in America, and 121st for best college athletics in the country.
Middle Tennessee State University Accreditation Details
Middle Tennessee State University receives its accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, which can be found in Decatur, Georgia. It is a regional agency that accredits colleges and universities in the southern states of the United States, including Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
Middle Tennessee State University Application Requirements
With an acceptance rate of 94 percent, Middle Tennessee State University is considered to be a college that is relatively easy to gain admittance. To apply to one of the online master’s programs, the applicant must complete an application form, pay the $35 application fee, provide standardized test scores (GMAT, GRE, MAT, etc.), and submit undergraduate college transcripts.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Graduate students who are enrolled in an online master’s program are required to pay $854 per credit hour.
Students who are unable to pay for their tuition may be eligible for different types of financial aid, such as loans, private scholarships, and assistantships. Middle Tennessee State University offers several assistantship positions to graduate students each year. These assistantships require students to assist professors, faculty, and staff with work while also keeping up with their courses and maintaining good grades. There are a variety of teaching and research assistantships available, which will provide the student with a monthly stipend and a waiver toward the tuition cost. Out-of-state students who qualify will also have their out-of-state fees waived.
For more information about online master’s degrees, please visit the website of Middle Tennessee State University.