Hawai’i Pacific University appears in our ranking of the Top 15 Most Affordable Accelerated Master’s in Military History Online.
Hawai’i Pacific University offers online degrees for individuals interested in earning an education with flexibility, convenience, and easy accessibility. The following master’s degrees are provided by the university in an online environment directed toward professionals who desire an advanced education that fits around other aspects of their life: Master of Arts (M.A.) in Organization Development and Change, Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Leadership, Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.), and Master of Public Health (M.P.H.).
Online Master’s Degrees Offered at Hawai’i Pacific University
- The M.A. in Organization Development and Change provides the knowledge and skills to manage quickly developing markets, emerging technologies, government laws, and needs of the workforce. Upon completion of the 32-credit program, students will have mastered the skill of problem-solving and be able to apply this skill to solve important global issues. Students will also be taught how to create successful organizational and human resource interventions, analyze the level of performance of systems, and conduct research and business reports. The following courses are required to earn this degree: Leadership of Self and Others, Foundations of Organization Development and Change, Leading Complex Organizational Change, Global Human Resources Strategy, and more. At the end of the degree, students are obligated to participate in a capstone project, which brings together everything they have learned throughout the program.
- The M.B.A. program is centered around hands-on, in-depth education and experience in the business management field. Students will participate in project-based learning while working with real-world partner companies. Graduates of the 32-credit program will be able to effectively utilize and explain theoretical approaches regarding business, join other individuals in teamwork to get work done more efficiently and solve any problems that may arise by using business principles. The following are a few of the mandatory courses to complete this degree program: Leadership of Self and Others, Strategic Marketing in the Digital Age, Business Analytics for Big Data Revolution, Complex Financial Decision Making in the New Age of Technology, Economics of Global Competitiveness and Strategy, and more. Before graduating, students will be required to apply the skills and knowledge they acquired into a capstone project.
- The M.Ed. in Educational Leadership is a degree for individuals that already hold a license to teach. It is a 33-credit program that focuses on various approaches to teaching in schools. Students will learn about common issues that are occurring in educational settings and how to become successful educational leaders. Students will also be taught about topics such as diversity, technology, social justice, finance and budgeting analysis, and regulations. Upon completion of the program, individuals should have a brand-new commitment to the field of teaching and learning as well as possess an awareness of the different types of learning styles for different individuals. The following are some of the required courses to graduate: Research in Education, Contemporary Issues in Education, Teacher Leadership, Ethics in Education, Self-Management Education, Technology in Education, and more. Once all courses are complete, the student must complete a capstone project that will showcase all the methods and techniques they learned during the program.
- The M.P.A. program is designed to help individuals achieve their goals of working for the different levels of government or nonprofit organizations. Students will be taught how to manage, lead, and supervise the facilities of the federal government, state government, local government, and nonprofit organizations. Graduates of this 36-credit program will have gained the knowledge and skills to work in the constantly changing public or private sector. The following are several of the required courses: Public Administration and Public Service, Public Personnel Management, Statistical Analysis for Effective Decision Making, Economic for Decision-Makers, U.S. Public Policy, and more. Before the student can graduate, they must complete a capstone project consisting of a professional paper that shows the advanced knowledge and perspectives they have gained.
- The M.P.H. program guides students on how to positively improve the well-being of people, communities, countries, and more. The professors focus on teaching students how to create essential programs that solve the root causes of sicknesses. Students graduating from the 42-credit program are fully prepared to pursue career positions that involve promoting good health, preventing diseases and illnesses, and challenging critical health issues. The following are examples of the courses offered in this degree program: Health Behavior Change Theory, Public Health Program Planning, Environmental Health, Social Determinants of Health, Human Diseases and Conditions, and more. Prior to graduation, students will conclude with a capstone project that conveys the vital components, theories, and practices they have learned in the program.
About Hawai’i Pacific University
Hawai’i Pacific University is a private university that was established in 1965. It is located in Honolulu, Hawaii and has a graduation rate of 44 percent. The university is known as Hawaii’s largest private university, possessing an undergraduate population of 3,545 and a campus stretching across 135 acres of land.
With an acceptance rate of 75 percent, Hawai’i Pacific University is considered slightly competitive. Students attending this university may pursue a variety of associate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degrees. According to Niche, it ranked 14th for most diverse schools in the United States and 181st for best college locations in America. U.S. News & World Report ranked the university as 60th for best regional universities in the west and 61st for top performers in social mobility.
Hawai’i Pacific University Accreditation Details
Hawai’i Pacific University has received its accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Senior College and University Commission. The M.Ed. degrees have received additional accreditation from the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). In addition, the university’s Department of Public Health has been accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
Hawai’i Pacific University Application Requirements
The application process for the online master’s degrees consists of filling out an application form, paying the $55 application fee, turning in all college transcripts, submitting two letters of recommendation, writing a statement of purpose, and providing a resume. An interview may also be requested.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Individuals who are interested in the M.A. in Organization Development and Change as well as the M.B.A. program are required to pay $1,200 per credit. For the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership, the M.P.A., and the M.P.H. degree, admitted students can expect to pay $1,125 per credit.
Hawai’i Pacific University provides three different sources of financial assistance to graduate students, which are the Alumni Scholarship, the Graduate Jumpstart Scholarship, and an assistantship. The Alumni Scholarship provides $2,000 per semester for up to four semesters to any alumnus of the university that is planning to become a full-time student in a graduate program. The Graduate Jumpstart Scholarship is for part-time graduate students and provides $1,260 per semester for up to two semesters.
The graduate assistantships are for full-time students and require the student to work between 10 to 19 hours each week. Some of the assistantship positions available are a research assistant, an academics assistant, or an administrative assistant. Students in these positions are awarded various amounts toward their tuition.
For more information, please visit the website of Hawai’i Pacific University.