Online Master’s Degrees Offered at Concordia University at Irvine
Concordia University at Irvine appears in our ranking of the Top 15 Most Affordable Accelerated Master’s in International Relations Online.
Concordia University at Irvine offers several online master’s degrees for working professionals who have other life obligations but still want to earn an advanced education. This university is dedicated to providing convenience, flexibility, and accessibility to its distance education learners. All online programs are delivered to students around the world with no need to commute to campus, as long as they have access to an internet connection. Students who pursue an online master’s degree with Concordia University at Irvine will have the opportunity to flourish intellectually and professionally.
The university possesses a variety of different online master’s degree programs to fit all the unique needs and goals of prospective students. Each program has several different start dates for the convenience of individuals with busy lives who may not be able to make a certain deadline. Students also have the option of customizing the curriculum of their chosen program, and some programs allow individuals to complete courses at their own pace.
The following are the 14 online master’s degrees offered at Concordia University at Irvine: Master of Coaching & Athletics Administration, Master of Science in Coaching & Exercise Sciences, Master of Arts in Counseling, Master of Arts in Education: Curriculum & Instruction, Master of Arts in Education: Educational Administration, Master of Arts in Education: Educational Technology, Master of Arts in Executive Coaching and Consultation, Master of Arts in Healthcare Administration, Master of Arts in International Studies, Master of Science in Nursing, Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership, Master of Public Health, Master of Arts in Education: School Counseling, and Master of Arts in Theology. Individuals who choose one of these programs will be provided an exceptional education that fits their life.
About Concordia University at Irvine
Concordia University at Irvine is a private, Lutheran college that was established in the year 1972. This university is located in the city of Irvine, California, and possesses a graduation rate of 65 percent. It is considered a small college with its undergraduate and graduate population amounting to 4,182 and a campus stretching across 70 acres of land. Students who have been admitted to this school can choose between several associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. According to U.S. News & World Report, Concordia University at Irvine ranked 19th for best colleges for veterans, 27th for best value schools, 34th for best regional universities in the west, and 80th for top performers on social mobility. On Niche, the university ranked 62nd for best value colleges in the state of California.
Concordia University at Irvine Accreditation Details
Concordia University at Irvine has received its accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The WASC is a regional accrediting agency that is responsible for providing accreditation to colleges and universities in its specific region. The following are in the WASC’s region: California, Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, Micronesia, Palau, Northern Marianas Islands, and schools for American children in Asia.
The WASC accredits Concordia University at Irvine every ten years. Some of the components that are evaluated before providing accreditation are the curriculum, student learning outcomes, the school’s commitment to the success of its students, and financial stability and sustainability. By earning accreditation from the WASC, the university must meet all standard educational requirements for students to succeed in their programs.
Concordia University at Irvine Application Requirements
With an acceptance rate of 58 percent, Concordia University at Irvine is considered competitive. Online graduate students must fill out an application form, pay the application fee ($50 U.S. applicants & $150 international applicants), turn in two letters of recommendation, write a statement of intent, and submit college transcripts.
Tuition and Financial Aid
- The Master of Coaching and Athletics Administration and the Master of Science in Coaching and Exercise Science costs $540 per unit.
- The Master of Arts in Counseling costs $595 per unit.
- The Master of Arts in Education with concentrations in curriculum & instruction, educational administration, educational technology, and school counseling costs $570 per unit.
- The Master of Arts in Executive Coaching & Consultation costs $545 per unit.
- The Master of Arts in Healthcare Administration costs $615 per unit.
- The Master of Arts in International Studies costs $525 per unit.
- The Master of Science in Nursing costs $795 per unit.
- The Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership costs $545 per unit.
- The Master of Public Health costs $625 per unit.
- The Master of Arts in Theology costs $630 per unit.
Concordia University at Irvine offers several scholarships to its online graduate students who have demonstrated financial need. The scholarships provide financial assistance for students to be able to earn an education and complete the program of their choosing. Some of the online graduate scholarship offerings by the university are the Church Career Grant, the All Nations Scholarship, and the Master of International Studies scholarship.
- The Church Career Grant is given to certain students annually and covers one-third of each student’s tuition costs. To receive this scholarship, students must have a 3.0 grade point average (GPA) and be a member of and actively participating in the congregation of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS). Students must also be accepted and maintain the standards of the pastoral training program.
- The All Nations Scholarship is awarded to students who meet the same requirements as the Church Career Grant as well as ministering in a place where there is a need for a missionary pastor. Students must also represent an underserved group in ministry and show potential for a successful new ministry launch that crosses cultures and reaches people with the Gospel.
- The Master of International program scholarship provides all students entering the program with $1,000 toward their tuition.
Additionally, Concordia University at Irvine has also formed several partnerships with companies and businesses to offer a discounted tuition price to a handful of students. Some employers will cover partial or full tuition costs for students in online graduate programs.
For more information about online master’s degree programs, please visit the website of Concordia University at Irvine.