Columbus State University offers a variety of different online master’s degrees for individuals who have already completed a bachelor’s degree program. These degrees are excellent choices for those who are interested in pursuing a flexible and convenient educational program.
Columbus State University appears in our ranking of the Top 35 Most Affordable Accelerated Master’s in Higher Education Online.
- The Master of Science (M.S.) in Applied Computer Science consists of four different concentrations in which the student can choose to integrate into their program. The concentrations are cybersecurity, modeling and simulation, software development, and traditional. Graduates of the Applied Computer Science program will be able to utilize useful technologies and methods involving computer science. The following courses must be completed to earn this degree: Survey of Modeling and Simulation, Advanced Algorithms, Introduction to Cybersecurity, and more.
- The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Curriculum and Instruction in Accomplished Teaching focuses on teaching students how to create and implement a successful curriculum that encourages learning among all students. Once the program is over, students will have gained the necessary knowledge of cognitive, emotional, social, physical, cultural, economic, and environmental factors that can impact student learning. The following are a few of the courses required to complete this M.Ed. degree: Multicultural Studies Across Curriculum, Research Methodology in Education, Using Assessment to Improve Teaching and Learning, and more.
- The Master of Science (M.S.) in Cybersecurity Management degree is centered around preparing students with the knowledge and skills to begin careers in the cybersecurity field. By the time of graduation, each student will be able to develop, implement, and maintain cybersecurity standards and practices that will identify, prevent, and eliminate any risks or threats that may occur. The following courses are mandatory to finish this program: Introduction to Cybersecurity, Computer Network and Management, Cybersecurity Risk Management, and more.
- The Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) is a degree composed of different areas for students to choose to specialize in. The many different specializations offered are computer science, secondary biology, secondary chemistry, earth-space science, mathematics, and physics. Students who graduate from this program will be able to sit for the teacher certification exam and begin a teaching career molding the minds of other individuals. The following are a few of the courses required to graduate with this degree: Transition to Teaching, Foundations of Education: Instructional Applications, Foundations of Education: Special Education, and more.
- The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Leadership degree provides students with the knowledge to become certified in Educational Leadership. Students will learn how to make sound decisions in their teaching careers, which will improve student achievement as well as better management of schools. At the beginning of the program, each student will be required to become involved in an internship at a school using data to develop and implement plans and ideas that are beneficial in enhancing the performance of all students. The following courses are necessary to earn this degree: Applied Educational Research, Instructional Strategies, Supervision of the Learning Environment, and more.
- The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Elementary Education is a degree program for individuals who already hold a renewable teaching certificate. Students earning this degree will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to become better teachers among young children in elementary school. The following are some of the required courses in this field of study: Educational Psychology, Educational Research Methods, Early Childhood in Contemporary Society, and more.
- The Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.): Family Nurse Practitioner is a program directed toward currently registered B.S.N. nurses. Students enrolled in this program will become extremely capable and caring individuals prepared to lead a career in the professional nursing industry. The following courses are essential to successfully complete this degree: Advanced Pathophysiology, Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Nurses, Scientific Underpinnings of the APN Role, and more.
- The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) teaches students how to achieve and maintain roles in the business field. Each student will learn various tools and procedures, such as global business practices, organizational behavior, accounting practices, operation methods, marketing techniques, and effective decision making. The following courses are required to graduate from this program: Principles of Accounting, Quantitative Analysis for Business Decisions, Managerial Finance, and more.
- The Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) degree is for individuals who desire to help people who are sick or ill as well as teach other nurses how to care for patients. Students have the choice of earning a general M.S.N. degree or choosing a specialization, which includes informatics, leadership, and nurse education. The following mandatory courses must be completed: Research for Evidence-Based Nursing Practice, Theory for Graduate Nursing Practice, Advanced Health Assessment, and more.
- The Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) is a great choice for those with goals in the public service industry, including government facilities, health organizations, law enforcement, and nonprofit companies. This degree will prepare students to become exceptional public service members ready to tackle the duties of serving the public. There are two different concentrations that students can integrate into the program, which are criminal justice and government administration. The following are a few of the courses required to earn the M.P.A. degree: Survey of Public Administration, Public Personnel Administration, Policy Analysis, and more.
- The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Special Education General Curriculum is a degree for individuals who already possess a renewable teaching certificate. Students in this program will use the knowledge and skills provided to become more effective teachers. The following courses are part of the required curriculum: Educational Psychology: Achievement for Diverse Learners, Educational Research Methods, Special Education Law for Educators, and more.
- The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Teacher Leadership degree helps current teachers improve their abilities as well as learn the fundamentals of guiding and leading other teachers. The goal of the program is to develop teacher leadership that will help students of all grades and subjects achieve success. Students enrolled in the program will be required to participate in an internship in their classroom showing everything they have learned about leading other teachers and educators. The following courses are necessary to graduate with this degree: Educational Research Methods, Adult Learners and Learning, Supervision of the Learning Environment, and more.
About Columbus State University
Columbus State University is a public university that was formed in 1958. It is located in Columbus, Georgia and possesses a graduation rate of 33 percent. This university is considered to be average size with its undergraduate population of 6,640 and a campus stretching across 132 acres of land.
According to U.S. News & World Report, Columbus State University ranked 30th for top public schools and 75th for best regional universities in the south. On Niche, the university ranked 17th for best value colleges in the state of Georgia.
Columbus State University Accreditation Details
Columbus State University is currently accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), which is located in Decatur, Georgia. The SACSCOC is a regional accrediting agency that is responsible for providing accreditation to colleges and universities located in its specific region.
Columbus State University Application Requirements
Individuals who are interested in applying to one of the graduate programs must fill out an application form, pay the $50 application fee, turn in a certificate of immunization, submit college transcripts, provide verification and proof of Lawful Presence, and turn in GRE/GMAT/MAT test scores.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Including all fees, in-state graduate students are required to pay $1,012.50 per credit hour, and out-of-state graduate students are required to pay $1,619.50 per credit hour.
Admitted graduate students have the option of joining a graduate assistantship to help them pay for their courses. The graduate assistantship consists of helping the professors, faculty, and staff members for a certain number of hours each week.
For more information about online master’s degrees, please visit the website of Columbus State University.