Clemson University Online Master’s Degrees
Clemson University appears in our ranking of the Top 15 Most Affordable Accelerated Master’s in Biomedical Engineering Online.
Advancing in a career requires additional knowledge and one way to get that knowledge is by obtaining a master’s degree. Clemson University offers several master’s degree programs that are available in a completely online format. This allows individuals to earn their degree while still meeting their work, family, and social obligations.
Master of Science in Athletic Leadership
The Master of Science in Athletic Leadership focuses on the need to develop leadership skills and make ethical decisions in the intercollegiate coaching community. The program provides current and aspiring coaches with leadership, ethics, and coaching development skills. Students become better leaders, have a strong body of knowledge regarding ethics, and are able to create a policy that leads to better team building. The program is available completely online. Courses required include:
- Administration and Organization of Intercollegiate Athletic Programs
- Ethical Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics
- Governance and Policy in Intercollegiate Athletics
- Intercollegiate Athletics Facility Management and Planning
- Intercollegiate Athletics Finance
- Leadership Development in Intercollegiate Athletic Programs
- Legal Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics
- Marketing and Communications Responsibilities in Intercollegiate Athletics
- Psychological Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics
- Sociological Dynamics in Intercollegiate Athletics
- Strength and Conditioning in Intercollegiate Athletics
- Survey of Research Methods in Intercollegiate Athletics
Master of Science in Biological Sciences
The Master of Science in Biological Sciences is designed specifically for K-12 teachers. It is a 30-hour curriculum that helps teachers expand their science-content knowledge. Lectures are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Students gain an understanding of cellular processes, scientific research, and genetics. They also learn about the human body and evolutionary biology. Courses required may include:
- Understanding Biological Inquiry
- Understanding Cellular Processes
- Understanding Ecology and Ecosystems
- Understanding Genetics and Evolutionary Biology
- Understanding Microbiology
- Understanding Plant Biology
- Understanding Scientific Communication
- Understanding Scientific Research
- Understanding the Human Body
- Understanding Vertebrate Biology
Master of Science in Wildlife and Fisheries Biology
The Master of Science in Wildlife and Fisheries Biology provides students with an understanding of wildlife and fisheries biology that includes other natural resources. It is a non-thesis program that requires 30 credit hours. Students gain an understanding of wetland wildlife, the human impact on wildlife, and methods to manage waterfowl as well as aquatic habitats. Courses required for the program may include:
- Advanced Conservation Biology
- Applied Wildlife Habitat Management
- Aquatic Ecology
- Aquatic Habitat Management
- Conservation Issues
- Conservation Physiology
- Fish Diversity and Evolution
- Fisheries Management and Conservation
- GIS for Natural Resource Professionals
- Global Change Ecology
- Human Dimensions of Wildlife Conservation
- Invasion Ecology
- Issues in Forest Health and Management
- Quality Deer Management
- Restoration Ecology
- Scientific Writing
- Statistical Methods I
- Study Design and Analysis
- Waterfowl Ecology and Management
- Wetland Wildlife Biology
About Clemson University
The Clemson Agricultural College was established in 1889 when Thomas Green Clemson left his fortune to the state of South Carolina. The school became a land-grant college under the Morrill Act, creating an all-white, all-male military school that also taught mechanical and agricultural arts. Clemson was the first institute of higher education to create a textile department in 1898.
During World War I, the Reserve Officers Training Corps was established in 1917 in order to address dwindling enrollment as students left to serve in World War I. A Student Army Training Corps was established in 1918. Women were admitted in 1955 and the school gained civilian status the same year. Clemson gained university status in 1964.
Today, Clemson is ranked the 23rd best national public university by U.S. News & World Report and ranked among the best public colleges for value by Kiplinger. The Princeton Review includes Clemson in its list of colleges that pay you back.
Clemson University Accreditation Details
Clemson University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Accreditation indicates that the school undergoes periodic evaluation to confirm the programs offered continue to meet criteria that indicate the highest quality of education. Programs throughout the school are accredited by the following organizations:
- Accrediting Board for Engineering and Technology
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Camp Association
- American Council for Construction Education
- American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Association for Childhood Education International
- Association for Middle-Level Education
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education
- Commission on Collegiate Interpreter Education
- Committee for Recreational Therapy Education
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- Educational Leadership Constituent Council
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- International Literacy Association
- Landscape Architecture Accreditation Board
- National Architectural Accrediting Board
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- National Council for the Social Studies
- National Council for Teachers of English
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- National Recreation and Park Association
- National Science Teachers Association
- Parks, Recreation & Tourism Management
Clemson University Application Requirements
In order to apply for the Master of Science in Athletic Leadership, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university. They must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and must provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. They must provide two letters of recommendation and official GRE scores.
Applicants for the Master of Science in Biological Sciences must have a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university although it does not have to be in science. They must provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. They must provide two letters of recommendation and a current resume as well as official GRE scores.
In order to apply for the Master of Wildlife and Fisheries Biology, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university. They must provide two references and a current resume. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended as well as official GRE scores must be submitted along with a personal statement.
Clemson University Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition for the Master of Science in Athletic Leadership is $742 per credit hour. Tuition for the Master of Science in Biological Sciences is $499 per credit hour. Tuition for the Master of Wildlife in Fisheries Biology is $610 per credit hour.
Financial aid is available and students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to qualify. Online master’s students are offered loans to cover the cost of tuition although they may seek grants or scholarships from outside organizations.
Clemson University offers several online master’s degree programs that can help students to move into new careers or advance in a current career.
TOP 25 MOST AFFORDABLE CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY ONLINE PROGRAMS
30 PROS AND CONS FOR GETTING A FAST ONLINE MASTER’S DEGREE
ARE ONLINE MASTER’S PROGRAMS EASIER TO GET INTO?
5 TYPES OF NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS RECOGNIZED BY THE IRS
89 RACIAL EQUITY RESOURCES FOR HEALTHCARE, EDUCATION, AND COMMUNITIES